牛油 1 tbsp
500gm wheat flour
1 tbsp margarine
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
hot boiled water
1) Mix flour with salt, sugar and margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2) Add little boiled water at a time and knead well to form a dough with hand. The dough should be slightly stiff.
3) Apply oil to dough ball, spread on the rolling board. Roll the dough evenly into circles with 4mm thickness.
4) Heat oil in wok, the oil must very hot to rises it fast. Deep fry the flattened dough. Press gently with a slotted spoon to puff up the poori. Fry till golden brown and turn over. Once cooked, drain on paper towels. Continue with the other rolled balls, add one poori at a time.
5) Serve poori hot with a vegetable curry or sweet dishes