自家腌制咸菜Homemade Pickled Mustard Green
水 1500 ml
1 kg mustard greens
1.5 Litre water
*one glass jar with lid and a plastic sheet
(1) Cut and clean mustard greens into half, set aside for about a night to draw out the moisture.
(2) Mixed up all brining ingredients.
(3) When those vegetables has became softened,pack them into jar.
(4) Pour brining solution into the jar to keep those mustard greens covered. Cover the top with plastic sheet and add in water to submerge the greens fully(please refer picture).
(5) Finally, cover by lid and set aside to in a cool place to ferment for 7-14 days.
(6) Check the greens everyday, skim off the whitish bloom that appears on the surface if there's any.
(7) Discard brining water and withdraw mustard greens without squeezing out the liquid. Wrap it in a plastic sheet and keep refrigerated up to 1 month time.